Monday, May 23, 2016

Review: The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My words are unerring tools of destruction, and I’ve come unequipped with the ability to disarm them.


I have seen so many people blogging about The Raven Cycle and I kept saying, oh I'll get to it... But now I am very glad that I have finally gotten to it! I have fallen in love with Ronan, Gansey, Blue, Adam and oh sweet Noah! I had always thought that they would be more on the youth side of YA, but Maggie Stiefvater's writing is fluid, suspenseful, alluring.

I have a thing for tortured souls, I know I do. I always seem to latch on to the one in a story that is the most downtrodden or the baddest good boy you can find and I think that easily explains why I have fallen in love with Ronan Lynch and want to wrap him up in blankets and protect him from all the terrible things in this world! Noah has, by the end of Raven Boys, essentially been protected and wrapped in the bubble wrap of the power of the ley line, and though you spend a lot of this book worried about Noah, I have to say that it's Ronan that has the most dramatic pull to me and I am very excited to see how Ronan develops.

Gansey and Blue have only to get together - their fate is kind of laid bare in the first chapter and since we've been told how this is going to end, I really just have to wonder how they get there. Adam, well Adam I didn't see that coming but he's still alive right? I mean, that's the best way to look at it he hasn't died (sobs Noah) to activate the ley line, he gave all of himself though. He gave himself away for the greater good of their goal to find the sleeping king, but Ronan... He's so closed off, and that declaration at the end! How did he do it????

I'm dying to know about Blue's father. I'm dying to know how Ronan pulled Chainsaw from his dreams... I'm dying to know where we go from here!!! I'm glad that all I have to do is pick up the next book!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment