Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review: Love's Shadow

Love's Shadow Love's Shadow by Nichole Van
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received my copy of this eBook in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This one was tough to get hooked on, it started a little too slowly for my liking but the end was rewarding enough to warrant a decent review! I've never read any of the other parts in this series, and I don't know that I would read any of the others, this one was enjoyable. There's a lot going on, some that I felt I was missing without having read the first in the series (although without reading that I can't tell if there wasn't an adequate enough foundation built for the historical references in the first place!) and sometimes I felt lost because of it.

This one really did have a little bit of everything - intrigue, romance, forbidden love, preternatural powers... I sometimes had difficulty keeping up with the changing tracks - and keeping things straight. Again, please remember that I did not read the first book of this series and so my investment with these brothers is not as great. I may give this one a shot again when I have read the first of the series as well and will edit my review accordingly.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment