Monday, October 17, 2016

Review: Between Hope & the Highway

Between Hope & the Highway Between Hope & the Highway by Charissa Stastny
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received my copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I'm giving this 2.5 stars, rounded up to 3 for here. Yes, there was a slow burn to this, but honestly Rawson was obnoxious throughout. Even when they'd made their peace and finally given in to their feelings, it just made me feel like Liz was settling for something she didn't deserve.



If you saw my status updates, there was a lot of back and forth between the two on the will they won't they scale. At one point I could have sworn they gave me whiplash from how fast they jumped back and forth in their opinions of each other! This story could have ended about (well the ebook said there was 837 pages so...) 400 pages earlier with the same outcome. It was just too much cat and mouse for my liking.

The writing is good, with a good message about God and love, but felt like there was just too much of it. If you enjoy Christian romance with a slow burn, and can handle a long cat and mouse game this one is for you. Apparently, it just wasn't one for me. Swearing throughout and one steamier scene at the end, so it doesn't hit the clean rating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment