Friday, September 16, 2016

Review: Oppression

Oppression Oppression by Jessica Therrien
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received my copy of this eBook in exchange for a fair and honest review.



I am a slut for Greek mythology!!!!! I know the myths, I read them ALL! I know about the gods, their powers, and the allure of all their tales. I know the sensationalized items like Hercules and Xena, and yes I liked them too. The premise of the gods being not only real, but not gods at all but beings with powers unlike our own but appearing human and aging so much slower than us... I LOVED IT!!!!!

Elyse and William are a love story that I can get behind, a destined to be relationship they are stronger together because they will be the parents of the next generation's Oracle. I have this marked as YA - it is and it isn't, it would qualify as a 'Mature' YA because the characters are adults by the end of the first book, but that's the feel it gave me.

I don't know why, the beginning was slow - scratch that, I do know, there was a lot of description at the beginning and flashbacks that really weren't entirely important to the overall plot and they dragged a little. But once William and the other Descendants were in the picture, things started to pick up. When the action starts, this is something that Jessica Therrien has done exceptionally well! I can feel the urgency and the fear that starts pressing down on them. I can feel how high the stakes are thanks to the expressive writing and description. EXCELLENT!!!!! I cannot wait to pick up Uprising now and see where this goes.



Four stars, but only because of the slow start. This gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me too! Read it, you won't be disappointed!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment