Saturday, March 16, 2019

Review: Clutch Endgame, A BASEBALL ROMANCE

Clutch Endgame, A BASEBALL ROMANCE Clutch Endgame, A BASEBALL ROMANCE by Tarrah Anders
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Baseball… BASEBALL PEOPLE!!!



I love baseball! It may be America's game, and I may not be an American, but I am a baseball loving girl! Opening day is a ritual in my home, whether my Blue Jays are playing or not. My kid puts up with my obsession with the game, as well as my obsession with hockey, but that's neither here nor there.

Let's get to the real story here - the steam that came off the pages for Gunnar and Sawyer!



So, part of this story may be familiar to you if you were fortunate enough to read Rounding Third: A Baseball Anthology. If you weren't fortunate enough to grab a copy, sadly, it's now out of print but that doesn't mean all the stories have vanished. Maren Lee, Jess Bryant, and Lynsey M. Stewart have made their works for the anthology available to you and now Tarrah Anders has given us Clutch Endgame, A BASEBALL ROMANCE featuring the original story and a glimpse four years down the road at Gunnar and Sawyer's relationship.

This story is the best of both worlds - it’s the short, but very messy and very steamy - contribution to the anthology followed by a revisit to their lives four years later where they should be riding off into the sunset of fluffy happiness. Oh, there is fluffy happiness but fluff doesn't hook you. There has to be some kind of conflict, and it was headed at them from so many directions!



Gunnar Reynolds is the catcher for the San Diego Hornets at the beginning of the story. What brings he and Sawyer together is an Ultimate Fan contest promotion. Most people picture the winner to be a kid, but considering that Gunnar loves the cleat chasers and the rookie playboy life scene, he was ordered to tone down his antics for his Ultimate Fan's visit the next day. He could not have been less prepared for Sawyer Rotham if he tried!

Sawyer and Gunnar have an instant connection and by the end of his day with his Ultimate Fan, the steam coming off the pages is palpable. This is something that doesn't change in their relationship over time. In fact, they seem to get sweeter and steamier as the years pass by.



This is one thing I love about Tarrah Anders - steamy, romping, sexcapades! She builds beautiful chemistry between her leads and that leads them into some hotttt moments. If you don't believe me go read Your Neighborhood Bartender and find out!

In the shower…



In the kitchen…



In the bedroom….



Phew, this book was HOTTTTT! Even with the passage of time and the potential stress of being traded in the future for their relationship, it was still a romp to remember!

The only thing I could have stood for something a little more in this one? The resolution of the conflict during the whole trade/moving debacle in the future. The resolution to the conflict didn't really do enough for me. I felt like there should have been a definite singular person/entity to put the blame on rather than the paparazzi as a whole. The first media scandal they had during part one was cleaned up really well and I guess I was just hoping for something a little more in that department from the second seeming scandal. Being the external conflict, its resolution wasn't as important as the internal ones that pressed on their relationship and those had a satisfactory resolution so that works for me!

Favourite Lines -

"Are you calling my cock my brain?"

"Isn't that usually what men think with?" she retorts.

"Not all the time," I defend. "It's cock, stomach and then brain."




"I'm going to make myself a sandwich, you want one?" She calls over her shoulder. Ladies and gentlemen, I've just found the woman of my dreams.


"Furniture is a funny word. I love that too. Do you think that the word road is pronounced weird…? It should be ro-ad. I love words, they're nice."




"It snows in Boston. It's hot as sweaty balls in Arizona and it rains in Seattle."


Normally, he's eating healthy and on balanced diet, but when he's hungover, he will gorge out on all the good stuff.




"You sound like a Hallmark card, are you still drunk?"




"And hot as balls, don't forget the hot as balls part."

"Like a sweaty arm pit."

"Molten lava."

"Like a sauna."




"You guys are baseball players; you have to run those bases as if you’re chasing a fast moving cupcake."




"Yes, dear." He says placating me.

"Ah, look you're learning. You're definitely going to be a good husband if you can remember those two words."




Make sure you one click this one! It's sexy with laughs and some incredibly sweet moments tied in. You won't regret it and you'll love the ending!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment