Thursday, May 3, 2018

Review: A Court of Frost and Starlight

A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1)A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have read this twice and listened to the Audible recording once. I sobbed through some scenes, through the breathtaking beauty and of the domesticity that Feyre and Rhys are discovering.

We eased through the densely packed heart of the Palace, passing beneath a latticework of faelights just beginning to twinkle awake overhead. From a slumbering, quiet place inside me, the painting name flitted by. Frost and Starlight.


It's Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year (Christmas or whatever holiday like it that us mere mortals celebrate in this world!) and the anniversary of our wonderful High Lady of the Night Court's birth. Feyre is against the celebration of it - and I completely understand! I would be too if I were only turning 21 when my mate and my family were all over 500 years old - but the love they show Feyre, the same unwavering love that they have always had (excuse me while I wipe the tears away from my eyes as I remember her reunion with them in the beginning of A Court Of Wings And Ruin). Yes, I wasn't expecting this to be something that would tug at me quite so much - that it would pull on my heartstrings and make me hungry for more from this world quite as strongly as it did.

"Because you're the foundation, the one who lifts us. You always have been."




This was beautiful perfection! If you have enjoyed the series, and you love Rhys and Feyre, you owe it to yourself take this in and bask in its glory.

Thank you Sarah J. Maas for not putting these precious babies through more pain - oh come now I know that Cassian, Nesta, Elain and the rest of the Inner Circle have some coming to them… You wouldn't have so many companion novels planned if they didn't (please just give them their happiness in the end too!). It was beautiful to see this - to see moments that we've always wanted to see like (view spoiler) and the precious promise of something more for Amren and Varian because she's the precious cranky old aunt who's lost her heart to the male. Anyone who says fans won't read something like this, something without much conflict and just some pure unadulterated fluff (yes with some smut dropped in, how could you not ;) ) has not seen just how many people spent their well-earned coins on numerous copies of this Novella.

Thank you, as well, for that taste at the end of the ebook, just that little TASTE of what Cassian and Nesta will go through in the next installment. I NEED IT LIKE I NEED AIR!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment