Thursday, October 15, 2020

Review: Catch Me

Catch Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #4)Catch Me by Mia Monroe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OK, so, you're in love with your best friend. You don't really know it yourself, and they definitely don't know it but you're on the I'm-sort-of-attracted-to-you train and you just think it's never going to stop at the station but you love your friendship so you hold on for dear life.

Meanwhile, there's this guy and he's making moves on your friend but kinda making moves on you too, only your friends have to point that out to you because you're oblivious to it because of your jealousy that he's flirting with your friend and stealing his attention.

"This isn’t like you. Where’s my go-with-the-flow Cairo?”

He’s hiding behind the jealous-as-fuck-someone-is-going-to-steal-you-away-from-me-before-I-figure-out-how-I-feel-about-you Cairo.




But he's fire and you totally want him too, you just wish he wasn't flirting with your friend.



What does that sound like to you? Sounds like a recipe for a polyamorous masterpiece to me!



Now that I've poorly summed up Cairo, Genesis and Luca's story, you need to understand that Catch Me is book four in Mia Monroe's Tattoos and Temptation series and while this MMM love fest can be read and enjoyed as a standalone, this is the first one that I will say I recommend having read the other books in the series first. Why you ask? Just because I think you get a deeper understanding of the way these guys act around each other like the men of Black Heart and Dulce Santo have had the chance to see for the last 3 stories. Now, if you don't read them first and you start right here, you'll just love Luca and his pretty boys more once you've seen the lead up and hints that were dropped from the very beginning. (That was masterfully done Mia! I applaud you for it!)



What you have here is a beautiful, sexually and emotionally charged story of three men who learn just how much their heart's capacity to love is and how they fit together perfectly to give something the others are needing in a relationship. Luca is just a sweet southern boy with this huge heart and a dream to make Cairo and Gen his - and it's one hell of a ride! I was so sure that this was going to be an easy FWB transition for them but there were some twists that I didn't see coming. And Genesis, the little glam diva that he is, is stubborn AF when it comes to admitting his feelings. Cairo was just oblivious to his own feelings and Luca's intentions, but Gen has seen it all along from Luca and wanted more with Cairo for so long that my heart hurt and I wanted to wrap him up in blankets. Honestly, I wanted to wrap all of them up in blankets at some point in the story - and you know how I love my blankets!!!



Let's have some of my...

Favourite Lines -

I refuse to look down. The water distorts things anyway. I don’t want to see a dick unless it’s mine to play with, and neither of their dicks fall into that category. Pretty sure. Probably.






Danger, will.i.am, or whatever that show was way before my time.






Swallowing hard, I focus on the mirror and brushing my teeth, ignoring the fight-or-flight response that kicks in every time Luca looks at me with those sweet blue eyes full of unspoken promises of more. It’s just that I don’t want more. I want everything to be like it is. Cairo’s role is permanent bestie. Luca’s role is fuck buddy. My role is dick receptacle. That’s it. Nothing beyond that. Everything gets fucked up with more.






Saturday nights are for fucking. Mornings are for working.






“Tell me about you and Gen.”

“It’s complicated.”

“You’re in love with him, aren’t you?”

“Why does everyone say that?”

“Because we can tell?”






When I wanted every part of my life entwined with every part of his, the good and bad and mediocre, I knew.






Why can’t I be a normal person who appreciates and loves having two gorgeous, sweet guys in my life? Why can't I tell them that I want to be here every night with them, and that I want…oh fuck. I cough as the thought hits me like a truckload of stolen Balenciagas.






This is what normal, well-adjusted single people do. They go on dates. Or maybe I’m not single. I’m in a relationship. I think. Possibly. I should clarify that but eww, feelings, and eww, talking and expectations. Eww.






I hit the buzzer, then stand in the doorway and wait for the elevator doors to open. When they do, my mouth drops. Luca is wearing dress slacks, a button-down shirt, and a tie. A motherfucking tie. And he’s carrying, oh my fucking gay god, a bouquet of flowers. For me.






Oooh, okay, with that southern drawl? I’m dead.






I’m not fit for love. I couldn’t do it if I tried. My love is full of thorns and snares and will only result in everyone’s demise. I should tell them. Let them go. Tell them to stop waiting for my heart to thaw because it isn’t there anymore. It’s not covered in ice. It’s gone. Ripped from my chest by too many men who never cared. Left out to wither away until nothing was left.






If someone would have told me six months ago that this would be my life, I would have kicked them in the shin with my best Balenciaga boots.







Book Five is coming (soon!!!!) and I'm dying for it already! It hits some of my favourite tropes, so hurry up and one-click this baby today! Then you can wait impatiently with me!



Trust me, you won't regret it!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment