Friday, April 19, 2019

Review: Your Neighborhood Bastard

Your Neighborhood Bastard Your Neighborhood Bastard by Tarrah Anders
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you read Noah's story? Your Neighborhood Bartender?

NO?????



Go get it, I'll wait for you…



Nah, I'm not waiting, and neither should you! You don't need to have read Noah's story first - his bite-sized story isn't important to Miles' story, well Noah's important to it but his love story with Valerie isn't - but I promise you will want to after you finish with Miles and Missy!

I'm pretty sure I love Miles even more than I loved Noah - and I loved watching his development into the Noah that we glimpse throughout Miles' story - and that's saying something!!! There was so much at play in this story and not all of it was how Missy and Miles finally came together - but the family dynamic that was between Miles and Noah and acknowledging that they were indeed family.



I think that was one of the best parts of the story - how Noah embraced having a brother, even when that brother had known for a while but hadn't been able to find the right way to share the news - and what a family man Miles is! He's there to take care of his mom, who is like many of our parents are now and doesn't want to see their roles reversed at first. She's the one who's supposed to take care of him, but he's there saying you need the help and I'm an adult. He's a good son, a good man, and he endeared himself to me in seconds.

And then there's Missy… Missy that Miles had loved in school but whom he'd thought he could never have. Missy who had been his friend until he heard her saying he was some poor charity case and not really her friend at all. Missy who left him reeling and sent him tumbling back to Mercy after he evaluated his life as he saw it.



Miles never thought he'd see her again. Hell, I'm sure Miles never thought that she'd wind up in the bar where he works and then they'd wind up with slightly intoxicated almost hate sex back at her place and HOLY HANNAH was that hot!!!!



This is what I love about Tarrah Anders - she gives you heart, she gives you a story, laughs and she gives you steamy scenes that light the pages on ffffiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrreeeeeee!!!! I'm amazed the pages weren't smoking! Those two were electric and while once they patched up their differences they took some time to tumble into bed again, once they did you knew that they were solid - and she did all of this in so few pages!!! This really is a bite-sized tale but it's totally worth your time!



Grab your copy of Your Neighborhood Bastard without thinking and enjoy every bumpy second of this romp! Can you go wrong? I don't think so!

Come hang out at the Neighborhood and see if you meet your match!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment