Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: Loving Rebel

Loving Rebel Loving Rebel by Taylor Delong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Again, he scrunched up his face. This time, it made me giggle. My laughter quickly faded when he turned away from me, his cheeks red.

"I'm sorry," I said. I hoped he wasn't mad at me.

He turned back to face me a moment later. "I like you. Want to be my friend?"




This book was a roller coaster of emotions. With so many obstacles in their way, that Jamie and Kyle managed to find a way to come together for their happily ever after was so rewarding! I don't think I could have expected this outcome from the way the Prologue started - don't tell me you just knew it, because I won't believe you!!!!



I have never read anything quite like Loving Rebel, and having never read anything by Taylor Delong I have happily found a new author to read and love on!

Sort of a Friends-to-Lovers, sort of a Second-Chance, sort of Childhood Sweethearts - this was a hard one to pin down for a trope, but it sort of fits in all of those. I think I loved it more because Jamison gave Kyle (I won't call her Katherine because she hates it almost as much as I do!!!) his heart on the first day of school and never really got it back. Not that he wanted it back, he only wanted her…

And when he gets her!!!! The pages seem to sizzle once they are finally together - and it's beautiful!



Except…



There were moments when I felt like the universe was out to get them. Even Kyle had a bad feeling, like something terrible was going to happen to them, for most of their time in their little bubble. It was almost proven right - things could have gone so much worse for them in that defining moment when the universe stepped in and stomped all over their happiness! But they survived, and when faced with emotional and physical fallout, they almost imploded but they found their way back to each other and to a stronger relationship because of it.

Favourite Lines -

I think it was seventh grade when I realized I loved Kyle; it may have been even earlier, since in some ways I felt like she'd always been my girl, the girl I loved.




"Don't get me wrong, I still love Kyle, but that's for you. Rebel is for me."




"Hand over your burdens, Rebel. It's my turn to finally help you carry them."




"I love you. First, most, best, last."




Lingering Thoughts -

1) There's only one here - I would love Jessa and Kevin's story. Any thoughts on giving us that too?



I really enjoyed this story. Loving Rebel was so much more than I was expecting and I know that you will love it too!



Grab your copy today, whether in KU or one clicking it, you can't go wrong!!! Go love up on Jamie and Kyle!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment